• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cenk Akyol making a strong impression

KB21

Billy will get the credit, but I think I remember a quote from him satying something to the effect of, he wanted an international guy with the last pick, and trusted the scout responsible for international players to pick the right guy. Anyone remember that? I could be pulling this out of nowhere.

I agree also. The GM is responsible for drafting. He has all kinds of people doing work for him, but in the end it's his call. Regardless, who cares, really.

On to more important issues, is it just me or is Cenk not even touching the floor, hovering above it? Maybe that's his secret...

1122028191.jpg

If he is another Ginobili, why not let him develop at the right pace, like, say ... Ginobili. A good reason for Manu's success was that he stayed abroad until he was 25, where he progressively improved until he was the star. He would not have benefitted from sitting on an NBA bench instead. Darko would be in a much better place right now if he had stayed.

Making the transition is hard enough, there's no reason to force it before the players are ready. Leave him overseas for AT LEAST a year

• Moderators

Quote:

If he is another Ginobili, why not let him develop at the right pace, like, say ... Ginobili. A good reason for Manu's success was that he stayed abroad until he was 25, where he progressively improved until he was the star. He would not have benefitted from sitting on an NBA bench instead. Darko would be in a much better place right now if he had stayed.

Making the transition is hard enough, there's no reason to force it before the players are ready. Leave him overseas for AT LEAST a year

I totally agree with this.

To those who want to dismiss BK for turning to his scout and making his pick, we need only look at Pete Babcock's lack of faith in his scouts when he passed on Tony Parker in 2001 because HE wasn't sure that Tony could play in the NBA, even though the scout assured the Hawks he was good to go.

Sometimes, trusting those you have put in charge is a successful trait in itself. If this guy pans out, you could thank BK for trusting his scout.

FYI--Pete learned his lesson when he drafted David Anderson in the second round in what would be his last draft as Hawks GM.