• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ivey is he odd man out!

Peoriabird

By SEKOU SMITH

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/21/05

SALT LAKE CITY — The Hawks' pursuit of free agent point guard Tyronn Lue might turn out to be a bit tougher than expected. Lue is reportedly being wooed back to Los Angeles to play with the Lakers, the team he won NBA titles with in 2000 and 2001, according to two people familiar with the discussions.

Hawks general manager Billy Knight said he's had conversations with Lue's agent, Andy Miller, and that they have every intention of bringing him back. Coach Mike Woodson said last week Lue has already been factored into the plans for the upcoming season.

What in Ivey's time with the Hawks has convinced anyone he can even play in the NBA..He is not even backup quality..He has okay handles, is a poor shooter, and a bad passer..He is an undersized defensive oriented college 2 guard trying to play the NBA 1. I wish him well, he can prbably make some money playing overseas.

• Premium Member

I can easily see us keeping 4 PGs because we have roster space for 14 players and only 1 IL spot?

That means is one of our stars get hurt, then we have to hope that we don't lose another

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'd rather see Diaw as the odd man out.

Diaw is going nowhere unless in a trade to get a big man! He is starting to show off his talent in the summer league and I think that BK is pleased with his effort this year.

Your probably right in that assessment. I couldn't see us cutting Diaw. I'd love to see him packaged for a quality big though. I wouldn't read too much into his summer league stats. It's lower competition and he's been getting a whole lot of minutes. I feel that Diaw is still way too turnover prone to be a point guard/forward.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Is Donta even getting Summer league minutes?

I think if somebody is odd man out, it may be Donta.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think Donta will make the regular season roster.

Good call, Diesel.