• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Draft and FA thoughts......

Admin

Travis Best and Matt Harpring? Bringing in both of those guys very reasonable prices, thereby splitting our MCE and then trading up some to draft a SF as a longterm replace wouldnt be a bad thing at all IMO. I am not a huge fan of either Harpring or Best, but both are solid veteran players and they happen to be hometown kids that would both fill holes in our team.

By now I suppose everyone has heard the Zach Randolph to the Clippers for the 12th pick rumor. Well assume that we could trade Toni or Nazr/pick(s) to Washington for Heywood/11th or a deal similar to that someplace like Toni/pick(s) to the Clippers for the 12th pick/Piatkowski? and then spent our 11th pick on the best SF we could get there, that would leave us needing PG depth if we dont re-sign JV and needing a veteran SF that can shoot if Toni is the guy we trade. Signing Matt and Travis would be perfect IMO. With the 11th pick we could get one of the big SFs and if we signed Harpring we could even draft a guy like Woods or Tskitishvili, 2 potential impact players that in the coming years could be Star players and we would have time to wait on them.

Last season Matt averaged 12 pts and 7 boards while shooting 46% in what was considered to be somewhat of a down year for him. A rotation of him and Ira would be plenty at SF for us until our draft pick were ready in 2 years.

Last season Travis averaged 9 pts and 5 assists per game with the Bulls and shot 44% so he could definitely be counted on to replace JV in our lineup.

IMO adding both of those guys and making a trade similar to the ones I quickly proposed earlier would be great for this team. What does everyone think about these ideas?