• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer League recaps- hawks and others!

cyman3

from hoopshype.com

"Just as ESPN analysts said in last month's draft, Atlanta got a steal in the second round with Salim Stoudamire. Say what you want about his attitude and his lack of size, but the bottom line is he can shoot the ball. Stoudamire's shooting performance may have made a lot of GMs question their decisions – especially after he dropped 39 points in 25 minutes in the Hawks' finale against the Bobcats.

Marvin Williams showed a tendency to disappear during games. He was one of the disappointments of the Revue, averaging a modest 8.2 ppg and 4.2 rpg. His good attitude and potential are keeping the Atlanta staff optimistic, though.

After developing a reputation for being passive, Boris Diaw looked a lot more aggressive in Utah. He shot the ball well and without hesitation. Atlanta's decision to use him as a point guard was a little surprising. 21 turnovers versus 15 assists. That should put an end to the experiment.

Josh Childress was one of the best all-around performers at the Revue. His name appeared amongst the league leaders in almost every statistical category. Josh Smith wowed the crowd with blocks and several monster dunks. He also had the crowd laughing a bit with his casual demeanor on the court. There were many times when Smith would just lightly jog during games, displaying a very questionable attitude."

- for the hawks

-------------------------------------

- Sean May is the MVP of the tournament. 16.5 ppg and rebounding 9.2 rpg. If he duplicates those numbers in the regular season, Bobcats surpass all expectations (once again). R Felton's 5.2 apg average was the best in the Revue. At times, seems like they are progressing better than us in terms of IMPROVING FOR THE FUTURE.

GERALD NARCISO'S ALL-ROCKY MOUNTAIN REVUE TEAM

G Raymond Felton, Charlotte

G Salim Stoudamire, Atlanta

G Matt Carroll, Charlotte

F Kris Humphries, Utah

C Sean May, Charlotte

SECOND TEAM

G Andre Barrett, San Antonio

G Mateen Cleaves, Seattle

G Melvin Sanders, San Antonio

F Josh Childress, Atlanta

F Britton Johnsen, San Antonio

- shouldnt Josh Childress be in the 1st team?

#2 pick in the last draft fails to even make the second

team. Josh Smith, with a year's experience in the NBA,

failed to make it.

Josh Childress, on the one hand said to be one of the

better ones, did manage to make 2nd team.

Salam Stoudamire, undrafted until the 2nd round and

questionable by some as being able to crack the starting

rotation of the Hawks, was chosen 1st team!

Apparently, Josh Smith didn't want to put forth the effort

to make the team look good. From what we read from

others, he was very good with the fans. Since he won

the slam bunk contest, his fame has gone up extremely

fast and he is good at working the fans.

I just hope his ego doesn't continue to pull the team

down when the regular season starts as it seemed to

have done in the summer league. Maybe this wasn't a

problem. Maybe it was something else, but different

writers have hinted about this and it makes you wonder

if it is true. Just a seed of doubt planted? Perhaps.

blush.gif

Of course injuries have to be factored in with a case like Marvin (who I am not downing because of his play) but for the most part guys who struggle against summer league players tend to struggle against NBA players. Childress and Smith both struggled early last year but were able to come on later and I fully expect the same from Marvin. The big thing that is telling to me about Marvin is that he hasnt been afraid to shoot at all. His rebounding is a little low right now, but I expect that to improve as well.

I disagree with the writer about Boris. I think Boris can be a good backup but we need to stop having Boris guard PG's and let him play D. against Shooting guards and Small Forwards. Who else are we going to pair with Salim in the backcourt? Diaw allows Salim to do his thing which is shoot the ball. Boris needs to drive to the lane more and kick it out to the open shooter.

Boris looked great in that game last night. He was able to keep up with Deron on D. Both he and Chill looked like they were a good step quicker than last year already. He was also driving to the hole pretty well. Salim looked like a good passer too. I think both can play PG.

Yeah his shot was falling. As I've been saying, I get the feeling that the's going to be a great shooter, Shawn Marion part 2.

Marvin was really forcing the action the few times that he got the ball. I was surprised at how little touches he got. He showed nice moves, but was out of control. He looked as lost as Chill did last year.

Not only did chill lead with 16ppg in the league this year, he did so shooting 55%. Of course it's summer league but that's still great.

Smoove had some nasty dunks too