• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Think of all the arguments made for picking MWill.

Diesel

In 22 minutes, he AVERAGED 4.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2 blocks. He received $7.3M for doing that last season. And you think Curry is not worth a deal starting at $9M a season?

Using your logic, Curry had 24 points and 6 rebs in 24 minutes against us. I miss the days of having a Center in Atlanta who can get 24 points in 24 minutes. Old Moses was the last Center we had capable of doing that.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Diesel has a point about getting Foyle on the cheap. If Foyle is cut as Diesel is suggesting then the Hawks could pay him say $3M for this year and he would get all his salary from GS as well. $3M for Foyle would not be a bad price at all - even if the guy has foul trouble, no offense and no real consistency.

• Premium Member

Why is Curry not worth the max or a contract starting at 9 million.

Well for starters Curry doesn't do the things we need! We have scorers. Hell, there was absolutely nothing wrong with our scoring last season. Our problem is interior defense. People would come down and score at will on our interior defense. Curry is a piss poor defender. He doesn't have the want or the will to play defense.

Now, you've pointed out some of Foyle's stats.. But did you know the story? Foyles' been injured. He didn't start playing until Jan 31. And even then it was him trying to build up his minutes. So what can you do when you start and only play 14 mins?

However... I'd still take him and his awful contract over giving Curry a mammoth contract and watching him be a bigger Albatrosse than Hendu/CC ever could be!

• Moderators

Quote:

Now, you've pointed out some of Foyle's stats.. But did you know the story? Foyles' been injured. He didn't start playing until Jan 31. And even then it was him trying to build up his minutes. So what can you do when you start and only play 14 mins?

The full story on Foyle is that he has been in the league 8 years and has never averaged even 6.0 ppg or 7.1 rpg per game in a season.

On the cheap..... meaning he is waived by GS......don't know about you but I would prefer a defensive center...thats just me...tired of people waltzing down the lane and collecting 2 + 1 from Collier and the likes....and seeing Smoove scrambling from the perimeter to try and save our big men.

Currys health and the fact he would be paid a lot of money on a team with really no expectations..I question how hard he would work to improve defensively. Everybody loves to score, not many love to rebound and play D.

My question to you is ....do you think Curry can become a much better defender than he is now?

Quote:

Well for starters Curry doesn't do the things we need! We have scorers. Hell, there was absolutely nothing wrong with our scoring last season.

Al led us in scoring with 17.5 ppg. Lue was 2nd with 13.5 ppg. Do you really think we are going to win anything with Lue being our 2nd leading scorer?

We need a dominant low post scorer every bit as much as we need interior D.

As for being an albatross, Foyle IS an albatross at $8.1M next season (and escalating thereafter) whether he takes the floor or not.

• Moderators

Quote:

As for being an albatross, Foyle IS an albatross at $8.1M next season (and escalating thereafter) whether he takes the floor or not.

But if he is waived we don't have to pay his 8.1M salary. I agree I'd much rather have Curry at 9M than Foyle at 8.1M but I'd rather have Foyle at 3M and Curry at 9M.

• Premium Member

he's never played more than 22 mpg..

Thanks to Mississippi's finest Dampiere.. and injury...

To put that in perspective...

Childress has played more minutes in a season than Foyle..

Quote:

Hell, there was absolutely nothing wrong with our scoring last season.

Right, if there's nothing wrong with having the 3rd lowest scoring average in the league. But hey, 2 teams scored less than us, so I guess that's not something we need to adress. No inside scoring is working just fine for us

• Moderators

Quote:

he's never played more than 22 mpg..

Thanks to Mississippi's finest Dampiere.. and injury...

To put that in perspective...

Childress has played more minutes in a season than Foyle..

I see the same facts as you but draw a totally different conclusion.

Foyle's 3rd year in the league, for example, Foyle didn't have real health problems and played 76 games and Dampier only played 21 games that entire season for the Warriors. But, like you say, he still couldn't earn more than 22 mpg playing time.

I also don't think being unable to outplay an unmotivated Dampier (who has had one good season) over a 5 year period is very much of a compliment. Foyle is never going to be an impact player but can give some quality minutes on D.

getting minutes is not exactly a great excuse, particularly when Damp has been inconsistent and has been injured at least as much, if not more, than Foyle has. Childress as a rookie who began the season on the bench playing more minutes in a season than Foyle EVER has should be a clue to you that he is NOT a very good player!

Eddy is 22 and Foyle is 30.

Eddy is criticized for only averaging on 5.4 rbg last year well Foyle only grabbed 5.5 rbg and that is supposed to be his strength!

Eddy commands a double team in the low post. Teams PRAY that Foyle gets the ball ANYWHERE because they know he sucks at all aspects of offense.

All that being said, I'd TAKE Foyle at $3M a season (maybe even $4M a season) but certainly not at the expense of Curry.

Heres my take:

I dont think we should have overpaid for the Dampiers and Foyle's of the world. I also think we'd have had a nice nucleus if we had signed JJ and Curry. I dont think we will sign either at this point. We arent getting Chandler either. This summer is going to be a wash. Next years draft and free agency class are not that strong, and basically i think we are screwed.

I like some of the young players on our team, but we cant attract free agents and all the guys we wanted were restricted, which made it even more difficult for us. Bk HAS to come away with something this summer. I would be ok with drafting Marvin if we traded Al for a center or a pg, or we signed one of those positions, but Im starting to lose faith.

I honestly think we'll fill the roster out with idiots again like we did last summer, be terrible again, and be in the same spot next summer, only this time with no good free agents.

When will Greg Oden declare for the draft?

• Premium Member

Only Phoenix gave up more points than us and they were blowing out the competition. IN short, the stat that actually matters (differential) is where we were the league worst.

However, IF Marvin is supposed to be this all world player that you claim... Then shouldn't we look to tighten up our defense first? If Salim is supposed to be this great scorer off the bench like you say... Shouldn't we focus on our interior defense..

Live in the present dumbass.

We are 2nd worst in D, 3rd worse on O, which obviously makes us dead last in differential. There is no reason to think our D needs improving any more drastically than our O other than in your little biased mind.

I never claimed that Marvin was ready to be a good player this year, and I never believed that Salim would even start, so I don't see how either of them solve our problem. I don't expect either to be responsible for us suddenly scoring alot more than last year. How about you worry about the garbage coming out of your posts instead of continuously pretending that I said things that I didn't.

We have no offense or defense in the middle. There is no reason at this point to prefer a defensive beast who can't score over an offensive monster who can't play D. We need either one. Inside scoring will get everyone else better shots when opponents' defense doubles down to help on a guy like Curry. That is particularly useful for a team with no point guard.

I'm not the dumbass who said "there was absolutely nothing wrong with our scoring last season" when we had the 3rd worst offense in the league, dumbass. So try again.

• Premium Member

Obviously you've never heard the saying " Defense wins games"...

Quote:

We are 2nd worst in D, 3rd worse on O, which obviously makes us dead last in differential. There is no reason to think our D needs improving any more drastically than our O other than in your little biased mind.

We can't stop anybody. It's embarrassing. You think I'm the only one who would like to see us get better defenders??? Take a poll. How can we be a team that is athletic and defensive when we let Nazr put up 22 and 15.

Come on man, our defense is a joke.

Our offense should get better with the Josh's maturing and Al and Salim and Marvin. But Our defense is attrocious...