• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Max Contract to Curry?

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Actually, the max contracts began with Koncak and Ewing. Ewing had the most interest contract ever which proposed that he must be a top 3 paid C. But the ones that we know came along around the same time that Larry Johnson entered the league. LJ was the last of the guys to get a contract that depreciated over time... I would love for them to bring those back. We all remember the debacle of Juwaun Howard... getting Shaq like money... After that, they started putting a hard cap on Max contracts... I think the first was 9.5 million (start).. the guys that were ushered in with that contract were Ray Allen, Shareef, and Kittles. And so on..

But since Ewing there have been max contracts. Jordan elected not to get one until after his 1st retirement. NOw the question was How could Chicago afford it. I think the league made special rules for Jordan because Jordan was definitely making more than 25% of the teams total salary.. Which was against the rules... being that his contract wasn't grandfathered in...