• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There is so much we could do with our 24 million

tmac13

We truely could turn this team around overnight..No, we wouldn't be ready to win the championship this year, but we could make the playoffs which is normally the intermediate step between worst and best..I say roll the dice on Curry, he is a huge risk, but he has huge potential..Outside of Amare, Curry is very capable of being the best offensive center in basketball in a few years. Go ahead and sign Damon Stoudamire to a modest 2 or 3 year deal, sign Eddie Griffin to man the 4, play defense and rebound while Marvin and Smoove develope, and sign Zaza to back up Curry.. Outside of Damon, all the guys are young full of potental players that can grow with our team..

Damon/Salim

Chilz, Diaw

Smoove/Marvin

Al/Griffin

Curry/Zaza

That is a young deep team..That is a team that will still have 2 number ones next year, that is a team that can be exciting and score alot of points, but also play defense..If we have to trade Al to get Curry, Griffin can easily start..Why not get better as we grow.....This roster is very attainable..

And basically sh!t our future down the toilet. A cap busting deal to a center that doesn't fit the Hawks philosophy will cripple the Hawks down the road, especially when it comes to resigning Marvin and both Joshes.

When was the last opportunity he had to sign a free agent that would be a key to his long term plans?

What some of you don't seem to realize is that BK doesn't see free agency as the end all, be all of building a team. BK believes in building a team through the draft.

Is it that hard to take a look at BK's draft picks over the years and the draft picks that he had a big say on while he was in Indiana and see what his philosophy is?

In 1998, Billy pushed for Donnie Walsh to draft Al Harrington, a long, athletic, and versatile player. Then, in 1999, Billy also pushed for the trade that netted Jonathan Bender, another long, athletic, and versatile player.

In 2000, Billy got his chance to make a pick, even though he didn't have complete say. He drafted Stromile Swift, a long, athletic, and versatile player. In 2001, BK traded for Pau Gasol, a long, athletic, and versatile player, while also drafting Shane Battier (long, versatile) and Antonis Fotsis (long, athletic, and versatile).

then, that is what you are saying? I mean Battier, Gasol, Harrington are all solid players, but hardly franchise cornerstones. Bender is a flop. The jury is still out on Swift. Also, I would hardly consider Battier or Harrington to be long players. Darius Miles, Josh Childress, Tayshaun Prince....those are long players.

Back to the point though, what you are saying is that he just "hasnt had the chance" to sign one single FA that fits the "long, athletic" mold, is that correct? How about "long, athletic" guys that he has traded for? Your reasoning doesnt hold water at all because his FA signings and trade acquisitions dont fit your mold for him one single bit.

Again, you are wrong. BK has had the opportunity to sign long, athletic players the past 2 years that would have been just as good as the offensive minded undersized guys he has signed and for the same money, and yet he hasnt. There are 2 monster long, athletic C's available this offseason in Dalembert and Chandler and we didnt/havent made an offer to either, while being said to be interested in Big Z and Curry to a much higher degree.....even so much so as to trade his "long, athletic" draftee and tradee Al Harrington. What do you make of that?

• Admin

I've never EVER heard use "Good defender" as one of the traits he likes. Long, athletic, versatile. WE've all heard those. He has NEVER used "good defender". That's something you, and occasionally Diesel, throw in there to suite your perspective at the time.

Does he have an offer?

No.

Why do you think BK scheduled Samuel Dalembert for a visit shortly after Eddy Curry left?

The only way Curry gets offered is if the Hawks strike out in other avenues, and I'm not even sure BK will pay the type of money it will take to keep Chicago from matching. He didn't do it with Dampier, and Dampier is a better player than Curry.

OMG, Dampier is not remotely as good as Curry..Even though we disagree alot I always respect your opinions, but I think you have been smoking Diesel's proverbial crackpipe today. If BK had no interst in Curry, why did he bring him in before he brought Dalembert in? You arguments are not making any sense today..

The only thing Curry does better than Damp is score. That's it. Dampier is the better defender. Dampier is the better rebounder. Dampier runs the floor better. Dampier also has the work ethic that Curry lacks.

What do you think is better from the center position? A player who, in his best season, averaged 16 points, 5 rebounds, and less than one block per game, or a player who, in his best season, averaged 12 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game?

So, for four more points per game, you would sacrafice rebounding and defense?

Nine out of ten will take Curry?

Tell me, what teams have shown a legitimate interest in Eddy Curry this offseason?

Dampier drew interest from Atlanta, Memphis, Indiana, Dallas, Golden State, and New York last season.

Going by career averages, then Curry is an 11.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg, and 0.8 bpg player.

• Admin

When Dalembert actually averages 12/12 and plays dominant defense, then you can use that as what he is capable of. He did that in one series in the playoffs. ONE...SERIES....FIVE..GAMES.. and he is not an exceptional defender. He's an average, decent defender, nothing more.

For the season he averaged 7/7 and was an AVERAGE DEFENDER. If you use the real stats instead of some inflated sample, I would take currys consistant 16/6 over Dalemberts 7/7 any day. It's not even close.

EDIT: haha, oops, read it wrong. thought I saw Dalembert. So it's dampier. He put up 12/12 two seasons ago... What did he do last year? pretty close to what I listed with Dalembert. What happened? Why did his stats go down?