• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charlotte now in rearview!

RAHMOR

I can't say the addition of JJ put us in the playoff hunt but I definately think it puts the Bobcats in the rearview in our division. Not finishing dead last in the division will feel great. If we add Curry or Magloire then I think that could possibly put us in the playoff hunt and will also put Orlando in our rearview mirror as well, leaving us competing with Washington for 2nd in the division (I believe the loss of Larry Hughes, Kwame and Dixon made them a worse team).

The teams that will make the playoffs IMO. I have Washington as the 8th seed.

1. Indiana

2. Miami

3. New Jersey

4. Detroit

5. Cleveland

6. Philly

7. Chicago

8. Washington

They only finished five games ahead of us with the same frontcourt they had. While Felton and May will have an immediatge impact for that team I think if we had Salim like shooting last year we could have finished ahead of them. With Salim and JJ to help finish games and the Joshes extra year of experience I think we'll definately win more game than Charlotte. Anyway we get a preview soon enough

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS 2005 PRESEASON SCHEDULE Date Opponent Site Time (EDT)

Oct. 12 Atlanta BJCC Arena; Birmingham, AL 8:30 p.m.

Oct. 13 New Jersey Charlotte Coliseum 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 15 Miami AmericanAirlines Arena; Miami, FL 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 17 Atlanta Charlotte Coliseum - Cool School Field Trip 10:00 a.m.

Oct. 20 Washington L.A. Shootout; STAPLES Center; Los Angeles, CA 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 21 Denver/LA Lakers L.A. Shootout; STAPLES Center; Los Angeles, CA 7:30/10:30 p.m.

Oct. 23 L.A. Lakers San Diego Sports Arena; San Diego, CA 9:30 p.m.

Oct. 26 Indiana Charlotte Coliseum 7:30 p.m.

E-mail this story

• Premium Member

I think once they slide May and Okafor into their frontcourt together, they are going to be a very strong team up front. I think that Felton will push the pace of games but their strength is going to be in their frontcourt. I also want to see how they use Brezec?

Quote:

I've heard that Brezec is very weak defensively, like Collier is. His offense is above average but at the end of games he is a defensive liability from what I hear.

It is a lot easier to have a weak defensive player like Brezec when you can line-up a potential defensive monster like Okafor next to him. Charlotte has a nice looking foundation. They have good young big men and a talented young point guard. They still more wing players, but those are easier to find.

winning 20+ more games is DEFINITELY a great accomplishment.

I still think Bobcats are slightly ahead of us. Okafor + May is better than Collier + Harrington. they also have better chemistry than we do.

however, the big x factor is BREVIN KNIGHT. he had assists left and right for them. Will Felton do the same? i doubt it.

i think we're close. if theres an edge to anyone, its gotta be the bobcats (slightly).

The consensus seems to be that we'll win 20+ or so but not much more and not more than Charlotte. Assuming we have JJ, I dont agree. I agree with Rahmor that we definitely passed Charlotte and a few others. I'm also sure BK will find us a functional center, a Pachulia level player at least. We'll be young and still weak up the middle as our players grow but now we have a few clutch players in JJ and Salim to close out games. I think we'll surprise some people, win more like 25-30 or so. Felton and May may be better than I think but actually I dont like either and I dont see Charlotte improving.