• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Now that we have JJ.. New trade...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Childress for Biedrins/Murphy.

These two guys could be our Centers...

Murphy/Al/Smoove/JJ/Lue...

And I really like JC alot.. But I just don't see JJ playing PG all year and instead of Watching JJ or Smoove go to the bench, I think we can get a few big bodies...

Dude............................................................................................................................I was going to say something else, but I will hold it.

I will simply say this....WE ARE NOT GOING TO TRADE CHILDRESS. REPEAT THIS AFTER ME...WE ARE NOT GOING TO TRADE CHILDRESS.

Stop wasting key strokes, your fingers may start hurting!! lol

how bout we trade Diesel for 2 apples and a candy bar?

as a self-aggrandizing blowhard who apparently doesnt think that the Hawks have EVER made the correct move in the history of the team, it is OFFICIALLY a waste of time to read or respond to his pointless fantasy trades of our best players for scrubs, or his complete prejudgment of our new rooks based on one-sided and pointless overanalyzation of college stats before they have even played one(1)! NBA game. I dont know what it is that gets you off about this behaviour, but it certainly is pointless for the rest of us to be subjected to it.

good luck with whatever it is that you do

• Moderators

Golden State already has Jason Richardson, Mike Dunleavy, that frenchman who can actually play and needs more minutes at the 2/3. Considering they are trying to come up with more minutes at those positions for that really good defensive french guy who looks like a good player I doubt they are willing to give up two good big men for Josh Childress. If they were willing to make the deal, though, I would do it. However, if they were legit centers I think GS would hold onto them rather than start Foyle.

• Premium Member

GS has fallen in love with Ike. They like Taft too. They would like to get out of Murphy's contract. Monty is not all that high on Dunleavy Jr. (according to some fan sites)... I know Monty thinks the world of Chillz.. I like Chillz too. I can see him pushing for Chillz knowing that he can play:

BDiddy, JRich, Chillz, Ike, and Curry.

Yep. I have been reading and GS and Phoenix (that's right PHOENIX) has an eye on Curry too...

• Premium Member

unlike some who only sees an opportunity to try to beat up on a simple thought... I appreciate your commentary AHF.

When I read what a lot of pundits and fans say about the GS situation... It's interesting. GS regrets paying for Murphy... Whereas Murphy was the league's 5th best rebounder and he can get you about 14-16 ppg. I say he's the type guy that we need... He's 6'11 and 245 so I think he can man the 5 for us. I welcome anybody to look compare what Murphy can do with what they believe Curry can do.

Secondly.

Montgomery seems not to be so trusting of his Sfs. You've mentioned Dunleavy Jr. and while it seems Dunleavy Jr. should be the man... I think he doesn't fit Monty's style or at least the Style that Monty is after. The reason I say this is because there are more trade rumors involving Murphy and Dunleavy Jr. from GS newspapers than any other players.. Pietrus started the season in the doghouse. When they got BDiddy, he got playing time and looked good but not as good as Chillz. I think he finished the season with 9.5 ppg...5 rpg..

I think the major guy in Phoenix that nobody is talking about but deserves some talk is Cabarkapa... Cabarkapa is 6'11 about 235 and he is playing Sf for now. I thnk he will end up as a PF.

So the question is asked.. How did I come up with Murphy/Biedrins. Well, I read on one fansite that Curry for Murphy/Biedrins was a trade being discussed (I also saw an interesting trade involving Nene for Pietrus). IN my thinking, Childress is a better prospect than Curry. I mean how many of us would give up Childress for Curry? Moreover, I think Monty would put his team into Childress' hands more easily than he would put them into Pietrus or Dunleavy Jr.'s hand.

Quote:

GS has fallen in love with Ike. They like Taft too. They would like to get out of Murphy's contract. Monty is not all that high on Dunleavy Jr. (according to some fan sites)... I know Monty thinks the world of Chillz.. I like Chillz too. I can see him pushing for Chillz knowing that he can play:

BDiddy, JRich, Chillz, Ike, and Curry.

Yep. I have been reading and GS and Phoenix (that's right PHOENIX) has an eye on Curry too...

Can't see trading Chilz. He is our best (most solid) draft pick in years and quite possibly he will be one that the whole league is talking about after this season.

Chilz gets the minutes, look out. Him and JJ in the back court will be virtually un-guardable. Throw in Harrington and a MWillSmoove rotation and we have a nice mix with plenty of minutes for all. With Stoudamire and Ivey coming off the bench as well, we should have a "tireless" team.

We just need the big to fill things out. I am telling you Diesel, we may not make the playoffs but I bet we will open some eyes (Miami, Detroit, and Indiana will take note after we play them) with our youth and atheticism.

• Premium Member

He's the 5th best rebounder in the NBA. A definite double double guy. He's very agile for a 6'11" guy.

I think careerwise, you can expect him to finish with 15/10...

Now to some that doesn't mean much... but for those some, they don't understand how hard it is to put up 10 rebs.

I would easily compare Murphy to Curry!

Reef averaged over 9RPG for us as did Walker averaged

close to what TM does.... Troy barely shoots 41% which

is fairly bad for a PF... Yes, I know some of that is

because of the 3pt attempts. I'd rather not have a 3pt

shooting PF though. Part of his 10RPG probably has to

do with the fact that GS doesn't have any other really

great rebounders. Not to mention there is NO ROOM. Even

if the Hawks trade Al I would expect Marvin/Smooth would

be the forward combo for the future.

THe other dude didn't really do all that much and if he

is in the doghouse already there must be a problem. Could

be another euro bust. As for Tm... 15/10 is nice, but

when you shoot 41% and don't play any defense it makes

some difference.

• Premium Member

Buzzard,

I was just being practical. I agree with everything you say about Chillz. I think he is the best pick that we have made as a franchise since we picked Stacey Augmon...

The reality of the situation is that I don't see us sticking with JJ at the PG. I believe that eventually the need to put him at the SG will arise (for the sake of our team). The question is where will that leave Chillz. Will we move Chillz to the 3 and put Smoove on the bench?

I think that would be a good move, Chillz is better than Smoove. However, politically, Smoove has to be on the floor. He's the slam dunk king...

So the answer is that Chillz will probably end up on the bench.

Now say what you want about the trade.. What you can't say is that the trade doesn't make sense from the Hawks perspective.

Biedrins is a 6'11" C from Latvia who is a really good prospect. Murphy is already the league's #5 rebounder and he's also 6'11" with some bulk on him. It is my believe that both of these guy fit our athletic/long dimension. Plus, the give us another 15/10 player at the 5 spot.

I agree with Chilzatl and Trace in a way... The question is will GS go for it.

Maybe they'd go for Chillz for Murphy... However, I think we are do more than that. So I agree with you.. Chillz is the best pick we've had in a while and he might turn out to be a star in this league. I was just looking at our situation and looking at something that helps where we are specifically.

• Premium Member

Biedrins is a highly reguarded prospect. And not in the doghouse.

I agree that Murphy has to stop shooting from outside as much. I have watched Murph since he was at ND. He's definitely a talent. Moreover, I would not play him at a forward position. At 6'11" 245.. I think we can get away with putting him at the 5. He has a bit of physicalness to his game. He runs the floor well. I see him being a guy who can snag the defense rebound and start the break.

One other trade that I know would go is Al for Murph/Fish.. The problem is that I hate Fish's contract so I probably wouldn't do it. BUT Fish would be an awesome compliment to JJ. Fish can actually run an offense and both he and JJ could be long distance three point shooters. Maybe if Fish gets Amnesty.. we can look at him! That is if the Lakers don't scoop him up!