• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith vs. Andre Iguodala

RAHMOR

I know this we are in the heat of the offseason but this dunk sounds unbelievable. Will Josh Smith repeat?

Quote:

Ironically though, the biggest highlight featured a missed dunk: With 2:32 left in the game,
Iggy-hops tossed a lob to himself, jumped up in the air, caught it, passed the ball around his back, and then back-rimmed it.
shocked.gif
It was damn close and if he pulled it off, could be argued as one of the best dunks of all-time. After the game I asked him about it:

“I’ve never put that down. I’ve tried it a few times but I’m close. I’m going [to be in the dunk contest] next year and I have a few [dunks] nobody has ever seen. I [can’t tell you what they are]…got to keep them a secret.”

• Moderators

Last week I attempted to jump in the air, put the ball between my legs, wink at the crowd, pump the ball twice in the air, make out with Eva Longaria, tomahawk the ball, do a 720 and jam the ball. I haven't quite pulled that one off yet but when it happens it could be arguably almost nearly the greatest dunk of all-time, although making out with Eva is always nice in the meantime.

To be a great dunk, you need to actually dunk the ball. Didn't iggy learn from watching birdman last year?

last week, i attempted to

lob the ball to myself, catch the ball, do a 360, read the harry potter book while in the air, wave "hi" to my mom and dad, eat some girlscout cookies, and throw down the nastiest dunk ever.

but i missed. *didnt catch the ball...

lol

I saw this attempt (he tried it twice). It wasn't all that impressive, not to mention that he tried twice and failed twice. IMO it was slightly worse than what JR Smith attempted with his first dunk in the contest, only he didn't make it either time.

• Premium Member

Had JR Smith STUCK his first attempt, he would have been far more competition for Smoove. JR's dunk was really nice but he missed the first attempt and you get no credit for hitting it after you've missed it!

• 6 months later...