• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody want to keep Googs?

Plainview1981

I would love to have Googs back. I feel he fit in well with our guys last year. A player with his experience and leadership is a great asset to a young squad.

I agree with the Collier statement. There is absolutely nothing that Collier does better than Googs except stand 3 inches taller.

He'd be a nice addition too.... Look at how the Bulls

added the Pippens/Antonio Davis/Harrington/Eric P.

Even if some of these guys like Googs don't play

big minutes they are good for your team. Hasn't

the roster been expanded to 15 players now? It can't

hurt to have these guys on the bench cheap.

Just because a guy is old...does not mean he can or will teach anybody anything about winning.....I want somebody to come in and SHOW our kids what it is to be mean tough and determined...not somebody to whisper in their ear about how you should have done this....example is often the best teacher.....if you play beside a guy who goes in busts his tail and out rebounds bigger guys while knocking them around that makes our kids want to play harder....I like Googs but we need to fill these spots with physical big men....or we will see Collier give up his usual 2 + 1 in the lane.

• Admin

man i'm sick of people taking average defending, good rebounding players that can't do much else and trying to project them as the next Ben Wallace. Detroit didn't know what they had when they got him. They expected he would be a big body that could rebound. He turned out to be much much more than they ever expected.

Guys like Ben wallace are as rare as Kobe and Lebron. Even mentioning Reggie Evans in the same sentence with Ben Wallace is insulting. It's the most absurd blend of arm-chair GM'ing and stat overhype imaginable.

• Admin

didn't we read that googs was doing that last season? I seem to remember that we did. So I don't think it was blind speculation. And young players tend to have more respect for an old guy that has won and has been a high quality player more than they respect a guy that is their age and works hard because he has to.

Quote:

Quote:

Guys like Ben wallace are as rare as Kobe and Lebron. Even mentioning Reggie Evans in the same sentence with Ben Wallace is insulting. It's the most absurd blend of arm-chair GM'ing and stat overhype imaginable.

I agree all the way

I agree as well. Evans can rebound but he has not demonstrated any ability to block or alter shots - which is a large part of Wallace's success.

The only difference is in the shot blocking.

When Wallace was a third year player, he averaged 6.0 PPG and 8.3 RPG in around 26.8 MPG. Reggie Evans, this past season which was his third season, averaged 4.9 PPG and 9.3 RPG in 23.8 MPG. Evans is actually a better rebounder at the same stage.

Evans is a player that if he were to get 35 minutes a game, he'd average 13-14 rebounds per game. Hell, Eddy Curry wouldn't average that many rebounds if the game were 70 minutes long and he played all 70 minutes.

• Admin

Quote:

The only difference is in the shot blocking.

That's just stupid. What Ben Wallace does for that team goes beyond any stat you can compile. Because one guy averages similar stats at the same age as Ben Wallace did, is completely meaningless. Trying to project him to be a similar player is absurd.

Quote:

Evans is a player that if he were to get 35 minutes a game, he'd average 13-14 rebounds per game.

How many times in the last 15 years have people made absurd statements like that only to have it proven completely false? Hundreds... That's about as stupid as using per48 numbers to compare a 2nd year player to Shaq.