• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anybody want to keep Googs?

Plainview1981

that Big Ben was going to be a very good player, although I doubt they could have imagined him being this good. Keep in mind that Grant Hill was traded for him, and thats pre-injury annual All-Star Grant Hill.

Personally I would take Evans over Googs because with Evans we dont know what he could become, but we know what we will get from Googs and that he will never get better. Sure he could teach the young guys some things, but I would bet Evans could as well, plus he could be a very valuable contributor as a rebounder/defender.

However, I think we would have to overpay to get Seattle to let him go and I dont know if he is worth that type of risk.

• Admin

no, grant was injured in the playoffs against the Heat, before being traded. He was damaged goods and was a salary dump. They figured Ben would be a good player. But the trade wasn't made to get equal value back. They wanted his money off the books. Ben was a complete surprise. They had no idea he would be the player he has been the last few years. If anyone could have projected that based on his 5/7 stats, Orlando would never have made the trade.

he had a broken ankle that nobody thought would be a big deal, which was a big reason why T-Mac agreed to sign with the Magic. I forgot that he had hurt it in the playoffs, but he wasnt damaged goods. Orlando thought they were going to get the All-Star Grant Hill. It wasnt until he go hurt at the beginning of the next season that he became damaged goods.

• Premium Member

It was post injury Grant Hill.

Jamal Mashburn had crossed Hill up and broke his ankle in the playoffs the year that Hill was traded.

Hill got to Orlando as damaged Goods and couldn't play.

He later got a staft infection (??) and nearly died.