• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are your Favorite 5 Hawks of All time?

Diesel

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I like BK as a GM but he has this one flaw...

He doesn't recognize the specifications for position nor the reason to have a position.

This was the problem with Diaw.

This is my fear about playing JJ at PG.

This is why we didn't select Deron.

Deron has more than Credentials from his play at Illinois.

Both Jordan and Majerus said that Deron is the best PG to have come out since Kidd. With his defense, I believe he may be better. Majerus went on to say that Deron can do things that it takes some point guards years of allstar play to master. But the best testamoney to me came from his teammate Dee Brown who says that Deron doesn't like to lose at anything. That's what makes a superstar. Not some guy who's content to win as a team and lose as a team... But the guy who says, I will not LOSE!

You do have to admire have hard Deron played when his team was down last year. It's hard to forget what a force he was in the NCAA tournament when he went on a tear from all over putting his team on his back. I like how Paul carried his team for two years and always gave it his all. Both are very competitive players and I agree that is the key to raising your game from being a star to a superstar. A great example would be Jordan vs Carter. Equal talents but Carter lacks the competitiveness that Jordan was always known for. Name me one SUPERstar in the NBA that wasnt competitive. Not saying Marvin isnt competitive just that he hasnt shown that he is to this point. Not in middle school, high school, college, and you cant just assume it will change in the NBA. I like Marvin as a player and hope that he proves to be a super star in this league. He has all the tools like anyone will tell you, he just has to go out and prove he wants it just like every talented player has to do. But the fact remains that a competitive drive is essential in raising a star to a super star level. The Braves big 3 of Smoltz, Glavine, and Maddux, and Vick, and of course the legends like Nique, Jordan, Malone, Byrd, and Magic. Name one super star or legend in the NBA that did not have that competitive drive.

When I first saw this thread I thought of Snoop Graham. The dude was actually a solid scorer off the pine and could score with bank shots at odd angles. I am surprised what little love Charlie Criss, Armond Hill, Fast Eddie Johnson, Moses Malone, Alexander Volkov, Tyrone Corbin, Andrew Lang, A. Carr, and that little Russian Point Guard (I can't remember his name) is getting.