• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

bout to talk about the JJ holdup on 790

chillzatl

the part i hate about this is that the "NEW" organization of the Hawks have taken alot of heat in the media due to lumping them in with the previous management that sucked...

now as fans you try to explain it's a whole new organization and then this happens...all of that right out of the freakin window.

I've read a lot of opinions on this and understand most of the points on both sides. Here's my take...

If this is a "procedural snag" in which some detail came up that both PHX and ATL were unaware of the time (i.e. something specific in the deal) that had to be worked out, there is absolutely no problem with the delay.

But if both teams have come to a complete agreement on terms, and the only one holding this up is Belkin, because he doesn't want to sign, thien this sheds a extremely bad light on our organization.

It's not the deal has hit a snag, but it's the type of snag. It sends a bad message to every player in the NBA about our franchise. It says our ownership lacks organization and the GM is powerless. If one of out of what, 9 guys is having a hissy and holding this deal up himself, he is screwing our franchise over. Atlanta Spirit might as well sell the team.

Think about it... both teams have agreed. Every owner except Belkin has agreed. (Or so reports seem to suggest.) If one out of 9 men can cause a deal to fall through, then this organization lacks proper checks and balances. It's even worse when ownership has publicly stated that they are 100% behind Billy Knight.

If this "snag" has nothing to do with Belkin being the only one to say "NO," but is rather a formal matter, then it is no big deal. Reports seem to suggest otherwise, but we'll find out soon. This could really hurt the franchise for a long time.

Quote:

If this is a "procedural snag" in which some detail came up that both PHX and ATL were unaware of the time (i.e. something specific in the deal) that had to be worked out, there is absolutely no problem with the delay.

But if both teams have come to a complete agreement on terms, and the only one holding this up is Belkin, because he doesn't want to sign, thien this sheds a extremely bad light on our organization.

I agree 100%. my point is that at this point we have no idea which case is happening here, so freaking out is pointless