• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My two cents

Admin

Someone mentioned earlier that this might have something to do with Belkin not wanting to be one of the owners anymore and if thats the case then this very well could be a case of him worrying about the frontloaded money and paying money that normally would have been spread out over the remainder of the deal when he would no longer be an owner. Of course I dont know if its true that he wants out, but I can certainly understand this rationale if thats the case. However, it still doesnt excuse the fact that both teams agreed to the deal when it appears that BK doesnt have the authority to fully do so, as we were led to believe.

I am more than willing to wait to hear exactly why this is happening and for now I am not pannicking, but this is a cause for some concern, whether or not some of you want to admit that. On the flipside, its not nearly as bad as some of you are trying to make it sound either.

Hopefully we will know something soon on the matter and wont have to speculate about whats going on and until then I hope that everyone will just chill out because its pretty stupid to get this hyped up over something none of us really know anything about.

I think the issue is more of one where Belkin is the guy that sits on the NBA's Board of Governors, and due to that, he has to sign off on the deal. I think it is far more likely that Belkin is simply not available to do so at the moment, for whatever reason.

I don't think this has anything to do with the up front money, Belkin's frugality, or a lack of power from Billy.

• Premium Member

The fact that Belkin and Not BK sits on the board of governors shows that BK has NO POWER...

Again.

Belkin has absolute power.

In the republic that is the NBA board of governors, there are no checks and balances to stop him from doing whatever he wants. I think as time goes on, this will become more and more problemsome for the Hawks and the other owners...

In essence...

Our Hawks ownership is not a democracy where everyone has a vote and the vote goes.. Our Hawks ownership is a Monoarchy... for the time being.

I feel that if our franchise really wanted to get it's stuff together, BK would be our governor just like most GMs in this league.

Guest Walter

He's been available to say that he cannot comment at this time! How much more available do you have to be to sign a sheet of paper. It was the league that told Belkin not to comment. That says that this is something big. The league itself is involved and has a gag order in place. This is big KB.

W