• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Everyone Tune Into 790

Final_quest

Chernoff set the show, and said he talked to people in the know. Now he claims that it is as bad as you can imagine and the deal may not go through.

I'm paraphrasing his words. It sounds like we have until Monday to get it worked out.

Time to raise the terror level alert to red.

• Admin

it's like all he did was read hawksquawk last night and take some of you guys arguements and now he's making a show out of it.

He says "we've talked to people". But he gives no names, doesn't say what they do, where they work. Just "we've talked to people". you gotta do better than that. Everything he said is just the same speculation we've got here.

Chillz I hope you're right, but this guy has connections that people on this board do not. We know that the people on this board do not have a source.

This is a talk show radio host claiming that he has talked to people, not totally credible, but more than board members shooting off in a panic.

Bottom line is Atlanta's biggest sports station is reporting Belkin does not want to pay for JJ.

It's great to hear that kind of passion voiced about the Hawks in the media. We all have that type of passion and hope for this team and thats we spend time out of our days posting on this forum so that we can converse with other knowledgeable Hawk's fan rather we agree with them or not all the time. It's not always that you hear or witness it coming from the media though. He's right, something has to go down and someone is going to sell, because you can't do what Belkin is trying to do and it's especially not fair to the dedicated Hawks fan, the season ticket holders, and the city of the wonderful city of Atlanta.

• Admin

they have sources...because they can "get people on the phone". Beyond that, they don't have any more of a source with the Hawks than anyone here. Oddly enough, they haven't even been able to get anyone on the phone. Billy Knight denied them. They could't get Sekau Smith on the phone yesterday.

All they're doing is bitching, just like everyone was doing here yesterday.

Yep...we are just overreacting....he hasn't talked to anybody....he is just making up stuff....JJ will sign...then we will trade Collier for Shaq...while trading our 2054 2nd round pick for JKidd/Vince...everything is just peachy cream in Hawk land...boy how I love being a Hawk fan...things are just grand.....

want? My goodness man! No one on the ownership group or within the organization is going to go on the record with what the problem with Belkin is at this point, particularly after the NBA has issued a gag order on the matter!

In fact, the only way ownership will likely EVER say what the problem was OFFICIALLY is if the deal does NOT get done and one of the other 8 owners gets pissed and spills the beans.

Yesterday, a lot of you guys were talking about Sekou and Tim Tucker not knowing what was going on, now you are criticizing the talk show guys for not being able to get Sekou on the phone! Do you think Sekou is going to come on and say "Nique and Rutherford Seydel both told me that Belkin won't allow the deal to go through?" You think he would burn his sources and never get any additional inside info?

Heck, I can tell you from personal experience that I have been given info "off the record" about the Hawks and the source asked me not to talk about it. You think I would EVER post that info here and break the confidence of the individual who gave me the info? I would NEVER do that and I can GUARANTEE you that guys like Sekou who make their living on getting inside info will not betray that confidence.

• Admin

Something if this magnitude, if it were really as big as everyone here seems to want it to be, there would be SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE reporting "off the record" that there was all this internal strife over this. But there is NOTHING like that. NOTHING. All we have are people reading old articles about things that could happen and running wild with it.

Hell, Matt Chernoff is sitting there saying, over and over that "he knows this is because belkin doesn't want to spend the money". But then once every half hour he'll throw in "now this is just my opinion. But I KNOW it's because Belkin doesn't want to spend the money". It's a [censored] joke man. The point about him being able to get people on the phone was because he claims "to have talked to people". But he can't seem to get anyone on the phone to actually talk about it.

Sekeu smith basically breaks the story that there was a "snag" then he fell off the freakin planet? He covers the Hawks for a living and gets the biggest damned story concerning this team in five years and he's just got nothing else to say? nothing to add? Maybe he's out with Belkin shopping for socks?

All we really know is that Belkin is the holdup. We don't know anything more, period. I refuse to run around screaming like a crazy man because of something with so few facts attached to it.

• Premium Member

...to run around screaming like a crazy man that is!!!

Bleegahsa-foodle-dilly diddly nilly!!! Weeeee filly bonilliy shilly ILLY FILLY DRILLY!!! Waka waka waka waka!!!

(...and the Murloc sound from World of Warcraft)

Aboooooooo-gabababababababaaah!!!!

I'm Squidward...!!! I'm Squidward...!!!

I'm Squidward, Squidward, Squidward!!!

lol

Just bein an ass trying to break up the tension in here man... grin.gif

I can't say whether this is a big deal or not. My gut tells me it is, but that the deal is gonna get signed. The truth is going to come out and it's probably along the lines of what most of us are making an ass out of u and me about. I expect some changes to our power structure too....

Quote:

I saw your blog man, I know you're a gamer. But tell me...you're not playing WOW are you? I managed to get myself off that juice! I'd still take a plush murloc if I could find one though!

Butting in here...

I thankfully quit World of Warcrack. It was some time after one of their many Warlock stealth nerfs (before they fixed a lot of it.)

Now I'm looking forward to D&D Online!

• Premium Member

Me and the wife are sniffing it now...I can't get off the stuff. I started over with a Warlock...why did I want to do that...lol

I don't play it as much as I used to, so that's good. But it's something that the wife and I enjoy doing together. Plus she's a priest so we're just running through EVERYTHING. lol We did Deadmines, Gnomer, and the Stockades by ourselves...

Quote:

Something if this magnitude, if it were really as big as everyone here seems to want it to be, there would be SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE reporting "off the record" that there was all this internal strife over this. But there is NOTHING like that. NOTHING. All we have are people reading old articles about things that could happen and running wild with it.

Sekou and Tim Tucker said the following in an article yesterday:

Quote:

The Hawks' pending deal for Joe Johnson hit a snag Tuesday because one of the team owners, Steve Belkin, has not signed off on completing it,
two people familiar with the situation said.
The team's other owners and management are in favor of the deal.
Belkin plays a pivotal role as the team's NBA Governor. The NBA requires the governor's endorsement on a deal before it can go through.

The "two people familiar with the situation" ARE the "SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE reporting 'off the record'" that you are looking for. Also, when they say "The team's other owners and management are in favor of the deal" it is CLEAR that the sources are saying that Belkin is NOT in favor of the deal.

What more is Sekou supposed to do. He contacted Belkin and Belkin refused to comment. He contacted Belkin again and Belkin told him that the league said he couldn't comment. What more do you want him to do? He's already revealed what his sources told him.

Who cares WHY Belkin is holding up the deal? Does it matter why? If HE thinks we are giving away too many #1 picks, does it make the situation any better? If he thinks JJ is not worth $70M, does it change the situation? He is STILL the only one of ownership or management who has not agreed to the deal.