Why you trade al for wilcox

Nicholasp27

Wilcox played 5x more at CENTER than pf last year

and he put up 20/11 per, and was positive against his opps

he held his opps to .45 effective field goal, while al's opps were .51+

al is a sf/pf period

wilcox is a pf/c period

which is more important for our team?

which is more useful if marvin develops like we plan?

al does worse at defending his opps and we pretty much know he's a 17/7 when he gets time

wilcox could be a 20/10, which i don't think al could ever be...al could put up 22/8 or something, but he can never play center and will never be fully comfortable at pf (unless we have a good c next to him) while wilcox is comfortable at center and at pf

which is a better lineup if jj/chill/smoove/marvin/salim all pan out?

jj/salim/ivey

chill/jj/salim

smoove/marvin/chill

al/marvin/smoove/zaza

zaza/center

or

jj/salim/ivey

chill/jj/salim

marvin/smoove/chill/jj

smoove/wilcox/marvin/zaza

wilcox/zaza

wilcox just gives us the needed 20/10ish player at pf/c while al gives 20/8 at sf/pf

it just makes sense to do a trade of al for wilcox if available

yeah I don't know if wilcox is really the answer, but Al needs to go at some point for a bigger man. I would hope we could do better than wilcox, but I would take wilcox over resigning Al to a longterm deal. It seems crystal clear to me that Al will be gone at some point within a year, unless Marvin's development is catastrophic

my perfect plan is to trade al for wilcox soon and then sign nene next summer

we'd have jj/chill/smoove/wilcox/nene with salim/marvin/zaza off the bench...that's 8-deep for playoffs, plus we have ivey/donta/vet signings for the reg season and to weather injuries

jj can play 3 positions

chill can play 2

smoove can play 3

wilcox/nene/zaza/salim/marvin can play 2

If Wilcox was that good he would be the starting center for the Clippers. His only competition is Chris Kamen, who is decent, but not exactly a world beater - and surely someone who a guy with 20/10 potential could beat out.

Oh, and last I checked, the Clippers are not a very good team.

Trading Al for Wilcox is change for change sake. If we are going to trade Al it has to be a for a real center.

• Premium Member

Some guys just want to trade Al because they feel he's in the way of Marvin who they know nothing about (honestly)...

However, lots of people here need to exercise some patience. Al may turn out to be a lot better than we could hope for. If not then we trade him.. But not for the likes of some of these 2nd rate players I keep hearing. I say we look for N.O. and Magloire first... Then we look at Denver and Nene'.

please explain why wilcox is the solution based on his putting up 8 and 4 in 19 mpg at age 23, while Curry put up 10.5 and 4 in 19 mpg 2 years ago at age 20, in the year that everyone claimed him to be too fat and lazy?

There is no reason to prefer Wilcox over Curry. He is not a better rebounder, he is barely better defensively if at all, and is way waaaay behind on offense.

You can't take limited minute stats and project them into starter minutes. It doesn't work like that at all.

the same way i projected chill...based on the games when he actually got pt cause brand was injured...

if toine/al/brand/etc only played 18mpg, there's a good chance they wouldn't put up a proportionate amount of stats, as there are many games that they have a horrid first half, but a good 2nd gets them back up to average

chill's play in games where he got 25+mpg are what sold me...same as wilcox

u can't give a player inconsistent mins and expect him to produce consistently

• Premium Member

Quote:

Curry put up 19 and 7 when he got 30 minutes. Only we know he can do it on a nightly basis, whereas wilcox is unproven. I would imagine he only got the minutes when he was having a good night. Curry got the minutes regardless

Just to pipe in quickly, but you have to remember that Curry got most of his minutes in the first three quarters. They Bulls often sat him on the bench during the fourth...