• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel talks about the Hawks...... vol 2.

Diesel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

From time to time, i just have to put guys like you back in your place. Everybody's wrong sometimes. However, you guys who think you know everything... even claiming Marvin to be the next James Worthy without ever watching the guy play against competition is what really gets me the most... So yeah... I'm going to call you out. Yes, I'm going to remind you of what you said... Yes, I'm going to be your reality check.... Yes, I'm not going to let you continue on the board thinking you're the Jerry West of Hawksquawk without bring up the fact that YOU TOO are wrong in a major way.

TP, I'm just suprised that you're still on the ship pulling on the excuse machine trying to get it to crank up!!!!

Let me tell you one last time because you must have the thickest skull in the city.

I WAS A HUGE ADVOCATE OF DRAFTING....DERON WILLIAMS. DERON WILLIAMS. DERON WILLIAMS. I was dead set AGAINST drafting Marvin because I loved Deron Williams. I actually wrote Levenson and Mullin pleading with them to take Deron Williams. You think you were the only one who wanted a PG?

At no time have I ever thought Marvin was the next Worthy. I do not think Marvin is the next ANY superstar.

I'm just not ready to give up on a 20-year old who has some obvious skill. If he becomes Rashard Lewis that is fine by me.

Put me in my place? I doubt it. You can't even remember where other people stand. You exaggerate and distort everybody's position on Marvin. I'm not hearing the superstar talk, although maybe its the voices in your head. What Exodus PROVED is that you talk out of your ass constantly. You rarely follow your own counsel and that is called...HYPOCRITE.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

and every single one of them came true. But what's the point? I know I was right.

That's a Dieselesque statement, Sothron.

I usually try to avoid megalomania as a general rule but in those three specific instances I was ripped into like a hero sandwich at a fat kids camp. I would be completely within my internet rights to go back and rub it in people's faces about how right I was about Deron, Paul and Shellhead. But what's the point? I'm not trying to portray myself as some kind of guru. Just a guy with a long running love of the Hawks and basketball...

• Premium Member

lol I'd love to post there too. banana.gif But I'm positive you'd see the same thing there. Some guys just have to be right all the time or think "winning" at the internet gives you points in life. We can all get a big head at times but some guys take it too far.*

*= not necessarily saying Diesel is like this

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not trying to portray myself as some kind of guru. Just a guy with a long running love of the Hawks and basketball...

I often wonder if there's a message board out there for guys like us???

I am sure there are and i am also sure they are like zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Moderators

Quote:

actually, early in the season he was quite pro-Marvin.

I guess you would have to refresh my memory because I don't remember a time when he hasn't second guessed the pick. Are you talking about shorly after Marvin returned from his injury and was struggling with his shooting? That seems a strange time for Diesel to change his tact but that may be a lapse in my memory.

Quote:

That would be the case when talking about Diesel and his opinions of Marvin. One week Diesel is pro-marvin, the next week, he's anti-marvin. Some people say why, I say "Why bother?". Depending on the week Diesel may or may not be aware that Marvin is young and just like the other young player on our team, needs time to develop. Other weeks, Diesel acts as though he isn't aware of this and is only aware that Marvin was picked #2 overall and should be a star already. again, why bother.

Not sure I agree. As far as I can remember Diesel has always dumped on Marvin - before the draft and after the draft. I think the first proposed "Marvin trade of the day" occurred before his first practice with the team. The kindest thing I remember said was nothing. I don't ever remember a pro-Marvin week.

Of course, I am just as bad about "NBA ready now" Shelden. I know he deserves a chance but he makes my stomach churn. Every time I see him I think I'm watching the Special Oympics.