• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you go by recent moves, our C could be;

Diesel

• Premium Member

These are in no order.

1. Podkolzine - Dallas is getting Diop. They already have 52 other Cs. I can't imagine them taking Delk, but maybe for them this is a salary dump of a first rounder.

2. NENE - It's a very small thing but Denver just signed Luke. I would think that Nene would be more costly for us.. Like we would would have to give them Josh Childress.

3. Jason Collins - If you look at the nets, they have gone C crazy. They traded for Jackson (might good deal if you ask me) and they are after Tractor ... plus they have 2 guys already there.

4. K. Perkins - I wouldn't say he was starved for time in Boston. However, maybe Curtis Borchardt is making believers out of the Boston faithful. That and Blount has to make his money!

5. Jarron Collins - My boy Whaley will make the Jazz's unit. However, they will then have about 5 Cs... They have to start to get rid of some of them. Okur is there for good, so is Ostertag...That leaves Handlogten and Collins.

6. David Harrison - This would be great. I can't see Indy doing it though.

7. Olowakhandi?

• Premium Member

A trade works for Delk.

Collins is not Poison Pill. He's 2nd yr of BYC.. That means we match up to 75% of his salary... That's Delk all day. Being that we are over the cap, we can take the XS.

• Premium Member

From the list, I would like Podkolzine for a 2nd round pick or maybe Donta!

Podkolzine is not the oaf we've made him to be. He's young and he only logged 5 games last season. I read that he was quick and big!

I know they gave up a first for him, but I'm hoping that they would give him up for either 2nd, Donta, or Donta/2nd...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Collins is not Poison Pill. He's 2nd yr of BYC

This is the first year of his extension.

From Larry Coon:

Quote:

For extended rookie scale contracts,
the player's BYC begins on the July 1 preceding the first season of the extension
. For example, if an extension of a rookie scale contract is signed on 10/30/99, his BYC begins on 7/1/00, because the first season of the extension is 00-01.

His BYC status began this July.

• Premium Member

Quote:

player who developed his agility in Italy to the point where early this year he was considered a future top 5 pick but not for a few seasons. The process has been sped up it appears... Enormous. with the classic physical structure of the long Russians... Definitely has good coordination and the good movements... Offensively he plays very timidly. With the ball he doesn't take any initiative... Does not seem to have great touch and has a long ways to go figuring out post moves ... Imposing presence, he's dangerous to take the basketball at.... Defensively does not have a good feeling for the game or sense of the position... Very raw. But he demonstrates good reactions to the game at a young age.

The next big thing? Literally a freak of nature, an enormous player but at the same time mobile and coordinated...Will be one of the first choices when he decides to enter the draft... Had a very impressive workout in Chicago in front of many scouts and GM's which will help him ... The NBA waits for him with open arms ... He has the upside to be a bigtime impact player but there are a lot of doubts about whether he can fulfill his vast potential .... The doubts mainly surround his physical condition, with the growth hormone problem, and also his work ethic which for now appears suspect .... There have been a lot of articles in local papers in Varese questioning his work ethic ... There have been a lot of questions about him last year , why coach didn't Beugnot use him last year? ... After Beugnot, coach Ruscono (Dodo) resigned and was very hard with him, inflexable, Pavel struggled to get time .... Now the team has Cadeo as it's coach, who gives more flexability and it appeared Pavel would see more action, but it's the same story, not much playing time for Pavel... So he has been through three coaches in a year, not exactly the type of stability that makes for an atmosphere of development .... When starting center Callahan was out, Pavel had two 20 minute games, but then Callahan returned. And now Pavel has gone back to around 5 minutes per game.... When you watch him play, you realize he's not really part of the team... None of his teammates give him high fives after a good play, or give him words of encouragement ... During timeouts he rarely pays attention to the coaches, looking around the gym, butrarely at the coaches .... His physical structure is well developed, very big and strong with muscles and his size is awe inspiring ... His mobility is very good for a man of this size and he has good flexability ... His conditioning is actually good, he can get up and down the court, his biggest problem is with his basketball skills and understanding of the game ... He is a presence on the defensive end both shot blocking and rebounding ... He's pretty good at using his size and weight against other big players, but this is where he will improve a lot in the next few years ... ...

-Cristian Biagini

Quote:

Pavel Podkozline's official measurements were 7-foot-5, 303 pounds with shoes. His standing reach was 9-8.

Chad Ford - ESPN.com (June 9th)

The book on Podkolzine based on his Grizzlies workout is this: He shoots well from 15 feet and finishes strong around the basket. He's also slow running full court, and his footwork is awkward.

Ronald Tillery - Memphis Commercial Appeal 9th)

Quote:

Pavel Podkolzine — Varese (Italy)

Height: 7-5 Weight: 260

OVERVIEW: Podkolzine is the greatest enigma in the draft. The Russian center declared for the draft last season, but withdrew. This came despite an outstanding private workout in front of NBA teams, many of which felt Podkolzine was a lottery pick. Podkolzine completed his second season with Varese of the Italian League and saw limited minutes. However, the workout he put forth last year still sticks as the major reference point to his game. Although opinion is varied, the 19-year-old has major potential.

LIKELY DRAFT POSITION: Nos. 5-14. Podkolzine truly could go anywhere in that range. There are a number of good prospects he is competing for position with, most of whom figure to be able to contribute far sooner. However, given the lack of center talent in this draft, Podkolzine is the first player a team would have to look at to fill that need. Washington (5), Phoenix (7), Golden State (11), Seattle (12) and Utah (14) are the leading candidates.

Quote:

Pavel Podkolzine: He had a fantastic game using his height to his advantage. He needs to work on his foot work and he will pass out even if he has an easy hook. I reported the other day that he is weak under the basket, this may be due to the fact the guards don’t pass him the ball anywhere he can use it, a lot of their passes to him are knee level or so high he can’t jump and get them.

podkolzin.jpg

This is the same player that played in the summer leagues right?.....Did u see him play?

"I reported the other day that he is weak under the basket,"

This dude reported it because it is true....no excuses.

We have a soft big man in Collier we don't need another.