• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We got rid of P-diddy to sign a Hillbilly?

Blunt91

I don't see how some of yall can sit and be calm with this BS sigining of no name John Edwards. Just because someone had a better game than Andrew Bogut doesn't mean you go outand sign him. Damn we might as well have kept Peja Drobjnak. Why can't Billy ever get two things right? HE makes the trade for Joe Johnson (a good move) and everyone is excited now he makes a dumb move in signing a nobody and now our hopes of being competitive this year are down the drain. This pisses me off to the point where I might not even want to go to the Nov 10th game against the Clippers. Without a defensive bigman we can't compete.

Neither one is good, but one of them has the potential of being good some day. That's why this happenned. He's also alot cheaper.

The real problem here is that our expectations were too high when we heard about a young C prospect. This guy is a 12th man type guy, might be NBDL first. It doesn't change the fact that we still need a real big man.

Quote:

Without a defensive bigman we can't compete.

Then I fail to see why you'd prefer Drobnjak over this guy. Zaza/Edwards are probably better defensively than any C's we had last year.

• Premium Member

This is minor to me. Obviously BK was just looking for a big body, and to ensure we got him, he promised him a couple of seasons. I'd be pissed if we had spent a chunk on him, but this is a very low risk move.

He did well against Bogut in the SL, and that says he's at least serviceable. He's big and supposedly "tough"...

I'm more irritated that we just let Pryz go like that. I thought he was the most promising out of all of our bigs. I don't like losing Drobs either. He might not have been tough, might have been a flower in the paint, but he had a nice stroke on his shot. I think he would have done well in a more stable environment.

I think Drobs is fine if you don't have Collier on your team too. They're too much alike. Two big white guys (I'm white so I'm not being racist) that can't defend or score down low so they rely on 18 foot jump shots for points!

Well I can look at the deal in a postive way in maybe Edwards can be the Hawks Jeff Foster. A guy that doesn't have much offense but is a good rebounder. Time to sign Lue, Salim and maybe add another PF to back up Al.

Guest Walter

Quote:

He's just a 3rd center to carry for depth purposes.

Who the [censored] cares, really..

I only see one in Za Za. Neither Collier or Edwards are NBA-worthy. & of course BK signs both to 2 year deals. Go figure.

W

Guest Walter

In short, we've failed to resign, traded or cut more quality centers in the last 2 years than anyone and we did so for 2 years worth of service fo Collier and Edwards. Shameful.

W

Guest Walter

MAYBE (and I stress MAYBE given I question BK's ability to fill this position and we should have signed this guy sooner) we sign David Anderson next year which can smooth over this lame signing, but why 2 years for John Edwards? I don't care if it's for the minimum, why two years? We made the same mistake with Collier. Nobody was offering them a roster spot much less playing time. Why are we over-extending scrap players at the center position?

W

• Premium Member

Do we know the terms of the deal.

Maybe it's a 1 yr guaranteed with a 2nd yr as the team option..

Because just imagine. What If John Edwards came in and put up:

12 pts, 7 rebs, and 2 bpg off the bench...

You wouldn't want to lose that kind of production to FAcy would you?

I guess the only good reason to sign this dude is because we are playing in the same conference as Shaq and will be for the next five years. If he does turn out to be a Tough/Dirty player than it will be worth the investment. I'm not too concerned about this signing thought, I've kinda jumped on the Nene next year bangwagon and am too busy dreaming of a Nene/Marvin/JJ/ future.

Quote:

Do we know the terms of the deal.

Maybe it's a 1 yr guaranteed with a 2nd yr as the team option..

Because just imagine. What If John Edwards came in and put up:

12 pts, 7 rebs, and 2 bpg off the bench...

You wouldn't want to lose that kind of production to FAcy would you?

If John Edwards comes in a puts up 5 pts, 3 rebs, and 1/2 bpg off the bench I'll be starting at PG next year for the Hawks because they have some magic syrum they're passing around.

I can just see JJ & the guys pumping up John Edwards before a game against the Miami Heat. JJ is massinging John Edwards while chanting the words "SHAQ STOPPER SHAQ STOPPER AHHHHHH!!!