• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jaret Wright

Admin

I was very skeptical when the Yankees signed him to a pretty nice contract this past offseason and when he started off the season looking so bad and then got injured my thoughts seemed to be confirmed.

However, it appears that he was pitching poorly because he was injured and since they kept him on the IL for so long he was able to fully heal and I believe he is making his 4th start today since coming back and he has looked awesome for us since then.

I was listening to him before the game today and he credits Leo Mazzone for teaching him the proper way to throw a curveball, which has turned his career around. I thought that was pretty interesting that a guy who has done nothing but pitch his entire life could learn something so valuable at this stage in his career. I guess that just confirms the thoughts by many that Mazzone is the best pitching coach in the bigs.

.....is Ned Yost and Mike Maddux at Milwaukee. It will not surprise me at all to see Yost become a strong candidate to replace Bobby when Bobby decides to retire. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Ned Yost is a Bobby Cox protege as well.

Ned has some good young players to work with in Milwaukee, and he's had them more competitive over the last two years than they have been in 20 years. Guys like Rickie Weeks, Lyle Overbay, JJ Hardy, and Prince Fielder have a bright future.

reading your post, the thought struck me, 'isn't that exactly why baseball needs a salary cap.'?

one of the biggest things basketball has going for it, long term, is the cap/ salary limitations.

everyone must remain reasonably consistent. yeah, Millwaukee's a small market team in basketball too, yet they can still pay to have Redd stay there at the max, get a number one pick, etc.

while some may not 'see' exactly where I'm coming from, I'd like to go ahead and state that you 'truly will' within the next couple of years as the 'cap exception players' slowly dwindle out of the league (or take 'less money' like Garnett and Shaq).