• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Updated Hawks Roster

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Quote:

I watched him in HS when he was the man.. No Toine.. he is a wing.

Him at the 4 is beyond ridiculous.

Yes, since he has all of the skills one would normally associate with a wing - especially decent handles and a good perimeter game.

Josh Smith = Kenyon Martin/Stromile Swift type PF (and he's probably still growing).

Josh is 19 years old! WHO KNOWS whether he will eventually end up being a better PF or SF?

He certainly has the athleticism to play SF and despite the fact that has ballhandling and shooting can stand to improve, he handles it well enough already to get by as a SF and he can actually make a J here and there. Both his handle and shot should improve with practice.

That being said, he certainly has the combined strength, size and athleticism to play PF too. He has terrific shotblocking instincts and he is already a good rebounder. His post moves will certainly improve as he gains experience. I'm sure that he will continue to get bigger and stronger no matter what position he plays.

The bottom line is that Josh just needs to play. His natural abilities and skills will evolve with practice and that will determine where he ultimately ends up. I could honestly care less what position he plays. I think he will likely always be able to swing back and forth between the two positions just as Al and Marvin will.