• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Observations: tough loss but

capstone21

Our bench is scary from an offensive point and not scary good either. Scott is so inconsistent. When he's on he's great. He isn't a reliable option though. At least not yet. I think we may have the worst bench in the league actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

I think we may have the worst bench in the league actually.

Definitely disagree with this.

Mack and Dennis are a plus bench PG duo.

Thabo, Bazemore, Jenkins are useful role player wings.

Scott is a plus scoring/stretch PF.

Payne is a bit of unknown but if that pick plays out then he should be at least a solid bench guy once he gets the offense and defense down.

Pero, Brand, and Moose are all useful bigs.  Brand was very productive on both ends last year.  Pero and Moose can both stretch and space the floor at center.

I think this is our best bench in a while.  I am sure that not everyone will be a big value add this season but there isn't a guy on our bench this year that I rule out as a useful part of the rotation and I haven't been able to say that for some time.  

• Like 3

Definitely disagree with this.

Mack and Dennis are a plus bench PG duo.

Thabo, Bazemore, Jenkins are useful role player wings.

Scott is a plus scoring/stretch PF.

Payne is a bit of unknown but if that pick plays out then he should be at least a solid bench guy once he gets the offense and defense down.

Pero, Brand, and Moose are all useful bigs. Brand was very productive on both ends last year. Pero and Moose can both stretch and space the floor at center.

I think this is our best bench in a while. I am sure that not everyone will be a big value add this season but there isn't a guy on our bench this year that I rule out as a useful part of the rotation and I haven't been able to say that for some time.

Brand shouldn't be in the league anymore. He is way too slow and can't jump to be affective at all. Pero is awful and showed his true self in the post season. Bazemore and Thabo have zero clue what scoring is. Payne can't get get playing time for whatever reason. Scott is decent enough like I said

Brand shouldn't be in the league anymore. He is way too slow and can't jump to be affective at all. Pero is awful and showed his true self in the post season. Bazemore and Thabo have zero clue what scoring is. Payne can't get get playing time for whatever reason. Scott is decent enough like I said

Pero had a terrible offensive series against the Pacers, but he does deserve credit for shutting Hibbert down on the other end. Hibbert had far more success in the second round against the tandem of Gortat and Nene.

We don't need Brand jumping - we need him to defend the post and hit his jumper from the free throw line.

We brought Baze and Thabo in for defense and whatever they give offensively is a bonus.

Now we know that Payne is injured

Wonder what you said about Scott his rookie year.

Wonder what you said about DMC and Sap when they were signed.

We don't need Brand jumping - we need him to defend the post and hit his jumper from the free throw line.

We brought Baze and Thabo in for defense and whatever they give offensively is a bonus.

Now we know that Payne is injured

Wonder what you said about Scott his rookie year.

Wonder what you said about DMC and Sap when they were signed.

I loved the Millsap signing. Anyone who wasn't a fan of that signing needs to get their head examined. I don't like DMC and never will. He's an okay player who tries hard. I think Baze and Thabo are clones of DMC and thus awful additions.

I loved the Millsap signing. Anyone who wasn't a fan of that signing needs to get their head examined. I don't like DMC and never will. He's an okay player who tries hard. I think Baze and Thabo are clones of DMC and thus awful additions.

If they are clones of DMC that's even better. Defense at SG/SFwas our problem last season. When DMC went to the bench we had no viable backup. If they can give us 75% clone of DMC I'll be happy. Really good defense with timely offense. We can score points - we need defense.

If they are clones of DMC that's even better. Defense at SG/SFwas our problem last season. When DMC went to the bench we had no viable backup. If they can give us 75% clone of DMC I'll be happy. Really good defense with timely offense. We can score points - we need defense.

With no viable option to score off the bench I think we are in trouble. I can understand signing one of them to shore up defensive issues, but having three similar players that can't score is redundant.

• Premium Member

Big problem we have is most of our players are shooters. We still need a low post offensive player. Mark it, this will be our downfall this year just like last year. If we ain't hitting 50% or more of our jumpers, we're dead.

• Like 1

Dennis wasn't that bad. He literally made two good plays and four bad plays in a matter of 3 mins. He fouled too much but ole well, it happens.

Sap and Horf was far from impressive and they started what they had from last year of not fitting in together. Too damn small. Horf is a PF and Sap is an undersized PF. @Alex, honestly, I didn't like the Sap signing for what we already have and I still don't like the signing. It worked only after Al's injury. They don't play well together and it don't help Al is still rusty.

Jeff was up and down throughout the game. The good about Jeff was his attacking the paint who is the only one that does it outside of Dennis. The bad was his defense on Kyle and his team defense overall. Offensively, I didn't have any issues with him too much.

Kyle and DMC is Kyle and DMC. Showed their good and bad. Was impressed with DMC's D on DD.

The bench didn't give us much outside of Scott. Scott is a scoring machine but his lack of defense and rebounding will glue him to the bench but he can flat out score and shoot.

I really enjoyed watching our offense work at times. Jeff can get a little carried away and Mack can just be annoying when he wants to play outside of the offense since he isn't effective outside of the offense. Sap and Horf looked horrible together and seemed much better without the other.

Overall, Hots was right about the team being a 45 win team. Too much lack of size and Horf and Sap really don't fit. Dennis hate on this board is hilarious at best. He really didn't get much PT. He literally came in, drove to the paint, got to the FT, then fouled a couple times, had a TO throwing a pass to Horf, and had fouled again. He just didn't impact the game positively or negatively but when you read these crappy post from Meltdown and Bonkers, you would think he played beyond horrible. You Jeff Teague fans can f yourselves if this is how it's going to be. You want a Jeff v. Dennis war, you got it.

Dennis wasn't that bad. He literally made two good plays and four bad plays in a matter of 3 mins. He fouled too much but ole well, it happens.

Sap and Horf was far from impressive and they started what they had from last year of not fitting in together. Too damn small. Horf is a PF and Sap is an undersized PF. @Alex, honestly, I didn't like the Sap signing for what we already have and I still don't like the signing. It worked only after Al's injury. They don't play well together and it don't help Al is still rusty.

Jeff was up and down throughout the game. The good about Jeff was his attacking the paint who is the only one that does it outside of Dennis. The bad was his defense on Kyle and his team defense overall. Offensively, I didn't have any issues with him too much.

Kyle and DMC is Kyle and DMC. Showed their good and bad. Was impressed with DMC's D on DD.

The bench didn't give us much outside of Scott. Scott is a scoring machine but his lack of defense and rebounding will glue him to the bench but he can flat out score and shoot.

I really enjoyed watching our offense work at times. Jeff can get a little carried away and Mack can just be annoying when he wants to play outside of the offense since he isn't effective outside of the offense. Sap and Horf looked horrible together and seemed much better without the other.

Overall, Hots was right about the team being a 45 win team. Too much lack of size and Horf and Sap really don't fit. Dennis hate on this board is hilarious at best. He really didn't get much PT. He literally came in, drove to the paint, got to the FT, then fouled a couple times, had a TO throwing a pass to Horf, and had fouled again. He just didn't impact the game positively or negatively but when you read these crappy post from Meltdown and Bonkers, you would think he played beyond horrible. You Jeff Teague fans can f yourselves if this is how it's going to be. You want a Jeff v. Dennis war, you got it.

Says the guy who was calling to trade teague after Dennis put up a couple of decent performances in the preseason. You are as biased as it gets. Edited by JETSET

• Premium Member

This is a pretty bad assessment of the game period.  Horford and Milsap had many wide open shots around the basket that they just flat out missed which had nothing to do with them playing together.  And someone already point out that they held their own on the boards against Toronto's bigs.  Your second claim was that Jeff was terrible defensively isn't supported by the stats...1st of all Lowry was 3-11 from the field with Jeff leading the Hawks in steals.  3rdly Scott led the bench in rebounding and was +7 (+/-) so his defense wasn't as much of a liability as you claim.  But if you want war then so be it.

Edited by Peoriabird

lol none of this is true.

Especially funny how you show you're hatered towards sap and al combination! Lol...you don't have to like the small big combo but truth is that they both fit well together offensively and they showed that last season before Al went down. You can't make these statements based off one game knowing al was most of last year.

Mind you that saps scoring was the only thing that went up when Al was hurt. Efficiently both players shot the ball well while they were on the court together.

Take a look:

Sap-http://m.espn.go.com/nba/playergamelog?playerId=3015&season=2013&month=11

Al-http://m.espn.go.com/nba/playergamelog?playerId=3213&season=2013&month=12

It's very annoying that some on this board thinks sap and horford don't fit together offensively...honestly that's the dumbest thing you can say about this team because they fit perfectly. If you want to make an argument we CAN say sap and horford don't rebound well together!...that's a fact horfords boards went down last year while saps stayed around 8. We can also make a legit argument about their defense together against other bigs isn't great due to their small size but offensively there are no arguments....so you can put that to rest!

I think bud is smart enough to know what two bigs best fit his offense gameplan, if he didn't want these two he had plenty opportunity to trade them but time after time he has said nothing but how much both these guys fit his offense and they have only proved bud to be right in most their games they played together.