• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What is it about this site that keeps the quality of posts so high by comparison?

sturt

Man, you forgot the 'sarcasm' tags (hehe).

lol, me and hawksfanatic aren't really fans of each other. We're both head-strong and I hate on him sometimes and like wise. He wants to block me and complain to Dolfan about me and I go in on him F2F but as a person outside of just Hawks, he's a smart guy. Would I hang out with him? Not a chance in hell but I respect him. Simple as that. 

lol, me and hawksfanatic aren't really fans of each other. We're both head-strong and I hate on him sometimes and like wise. He wants to block me and complain to Dolfan about me and I go in on him F2F but as a person outside of just Hawks, he's a smart guy. Would I hang out with him? Not a chance in hell but I respect him. Simple as that. 

Yeah, I'm vaguely aware.  I'm sure you and he can have a Kumbaya moment or three.  We don't have to agree to all be fans of the team and site.

I hated @MaceCase with an unadulterated passion and I don't even remember why.  Actually, I think I do still hate him.

• Moderators

How many of us thought "I'll just post on here for a few months.  Make sure everyone knows that I think Boris Diaw will never make it in the NBA and be on my way" and then...................................................................................................................................................

• Like 2

I don't really post in the forum often but I'm usually here on gameday chats, but yeah I definitely love the place and never thought Hawks would have such a good community. And it's only rising with the recent successfan_1.gif

• Like 1

The strength of Hawksquawk lies in highly opinionated and passionate Hawks fans being allowed to express their opinions about the team.

The mods do a great job at not suppressing opinions and not letting things get out of control when people disagree.

To me though, the debates on here are epic, and keeps me on this site, even when I may take breaks in participating in a debate myself.

• Like 4

So is the chatroom. From sipping time during the pressers after wins to nearly crashing the site with GIFs to Hawks Family Feud where Dolfan probably thought of closing down the chat altogether...

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm vaguely aware.  I'm sure you and he can have a Kumbaya moment or three.  We don't have to agree to all be fans of the team and site.

I hated @MaceCase with an unadulterated passion and I don't even remember why.  Actually, I think I do still hate him.

Well you were amongst that "hyuk hyuk" crowd last summer believing that all of those original barbs about the roster construction were so fresh and so new.  You fancied yourself the venerable class clown that got everyone to laugh with you until I made a few replies here and there that made you look like just a clown and everyone was laughing at you.  That I displayed such levels of snarkiness the likes you've never seen with nary the use of a single gif. sent you down a spiraling vendetta filled road of sneak-dissing and sub-shading by liking any post where a poster disagreed with me.  I've been quite touched actually, during the beginning of your crusade I said to myself "man, who is this person?  They seem to really have it out for me" then I said "meh, this is probably how it feels to be Diesel as he walks out to his sprawling venetian gardens, silk robes flowing and bowl of cheerios in hand.  It elicits but a small smile as he feeds ambrosia to his pet peacock."

• Like 2

Well you were amongst that "hyuk hyuk" crowd last summer believing that all of those original barbs about the roster construction were so fresh and so new.  You fancied yourself the venerable class clown that got everyone to laugh with you until I made a few replies here and there that made you look like just a clown and everyone was laughing at you.  That I displayed such levels of snarkiness the likes you've never seen with nary the use of a single gif. sent you down a spiraling vendetta filled road of sneak-dissing and sub-shading by liking any post where a poster disagreed with me.  I've been quite touched actually, during the beginning of your crusade I said to myself "man, who is this person?  They seem to really have it out for me" then I said "meh, this is probably how it feels to be Diesel as he walks out to his sprawling venetian gardens, silk robes flowing and bowl of cheerios in hand.  It elicits but a small smile as he feeds ambrosia to his pet peacock."

jmdg.gif

We're pretty snobby, lol. But that ain't too bad.

P.S. Pretty welcoming site to noobys, if your name ain't @MaceCase. Kidding, of course.

BTW, I'll take this time to point out that ya boi always believed Ferry was building something positive. So I'll rub it in a little. Only move of his I doubted was the Lou one.

• Like 1

What fanatic touched on is key: no advertisements or pop-ups keep the weirdos, attention whores, and trolls away for the most part. But basically we're just an intelligent groupthink. Dol is a G for not demanding money out our broke asses and lets face it, Lethal is The Man. Our very own Bud and Al if you will (not the 2 points in elimination game Al, The Bawse one)

All of the failures of the past has taught us what NOT to do, although we may have many questions and debates in terms of what's best for our beloved AHBC going forward. I think it's a unanimous agreement on the upgrade at wing and C. Hopefully some stability can give us a clearer view of how to move forward.

Our board is the sh$t though. This past season has done a lot for the morale and comraderey here, I feel like this is my Hawk family. When I educate the ignorant on the Hawks, I always gotta give the consensus opinion here to rep for the board. I cannot believe that at least one high ranking administrator of the Hawks doesn't check in regularly. How cool would it be for Bud to take a funny quote from here and share it in film or during Bread Breaking? The only player we know for 100% sure never read this board is Josh.

My sole purpose for joining 7 years ago was to Joe Bash and clash with exodus' kind. I did, and it was fun. I'm all rose-covered glasses now.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2